(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om ikke fornyet godkjenning av det aktive stoffet Reynoutria sachalinensis-ekstrakt, i samsvar med europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EF) nr. 1107/2009 om markedsføring av plantevernmidler
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the non-approval of the active substance Reynoutria sachalinensis extract, in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 1.2.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) In accordance with Article 7(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, on 3 November 2011, the United Kingdom received an application from Marrone Bio innovations for the approval of the active substance Reynoutria sachalinensis extract.
(2) In accordance with Article 9(3) of that Regulation, the rapporteur Member State notified the applicant and the other Member States of the admissibility of the application on 21 March 2012 and notified the Commission and the European Food Safety Authority ('the Authority') thereof on 11 May 2012.
(3) For that active substance, the effects on human and animal health and the environment have been assessed, in accordance with Article 11(2) and (3) of that Regulation, for the use proposed by the applicant. The rapporteur Member State submitted a draft assessment report to the Commission and the Authority on 22 July 2014.
(4) The Authority complied with Article 12(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009. In accordance with Article 12(3) of that Regulation, it requested that the applicant supplies additional information to the Member States, the Commission and the Authority. The assessment of the additional information by the rapporteur Member State was submitted to the Authority in the format of an updated draft assessment report.
(5) The draft assessment report was reviewed by the Member States and the Authority. The Authority presented to the Commission its conclusion on the risk assessment of the active substance Reynoutria sachalinensis extract on 31 August 2015.
(6) By letter of 16 October 2017 Marrone Bio innovations withdrew its application for the approval of Reynoutria sachalinensis extract. Due to the withdrawal of the application, Reynoutria sachalinensis extract should not be approved pursuant to Article 13(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009.
(7) This Regulation does not prejudice the submission of a further application for Reynoutria sachalinensis extract pursuant to Article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009.
(8) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet