(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om avslag på godkjenning av natriumsorbat som basisstoff i samsvar med europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EU) nr. 1107/2009 om markedsføring av plantevernmidler
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the non-approval of potassium sorbate as a basic substance in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 12.10.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) In accordance with Article 23(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, the Commission received on 9 October 2015 an application from Decco Iberica Post Cosecha S.A.U for the approval of potassium sorbate as a basic substance. On 14 July 2016 the Commission received an updated application. That application was accompanied by the information required under the second subparagraph of Article 23(3).
(2) The Commission asked the European Food Safety Authority ('the Authority') for scientific assistance. The Authority provided the Commission with a Technical Report on potassium sorbate on 12 May 2017 . The Commission presented the review report and the draft of this Regulation on the non-approval of potassium sorbate to the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed on 20 July 2017 and finalised them for the meeting of that Committee on 6 Octobe 2017.
(3) The documentation provided by the applicant shows that potassium sorbate fulfils the criteria of a foodstuff as defined in Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council .
(4) Specific concerns however were identified, in the Technical Report of the Authority, regarding exposure to potassium sorbate specifically through residues of pesticide use. The Authority concluded that the information on residues was very limited and, as a result, it could not conduct a reliable consumer risk assessment. An exceedance of the temporary Acceptable Daily Intake of potassium sorbate due to the additional consumer exposure to residues from pesticide use of potassium sorbate cannot be excluded.
(5) The Commission invited the applicant to submit its comments on the Technical Report of the Authority and on the draft review report. The applicant submitted no comments.
(6) Consequently, as laid down in the Commission review report, it has not been established that the requirements laid down in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 are satisfied. It is therefore appropriate not to approve potassium sorbate as basic substance.
(7) This Regulation does not prejudice the submission of a further application for the approval of potassium sorbate as a basic substance in accordance with Article 23(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009.
(8) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed,
Landbruks- og matdepartementet