Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning (EU) 2017/370 av 1. mars 2017 om endring av gjennomføringsbeslutning 2014/909/EU ved forlengelse av anvendelsesperioden for visse beskyttelsestiltak og endring listen over områder berørt av beskyttelsestiltakene når det gjelder liten kubebille i Italia
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 10.2.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Implementing Decision 2014/909/EU established certain protective measures following notifications by Italy of the occurrence of the small hive beetle (Aethina tumida) in the regions of Calabria and Sicily. It is applicable until 31 March 2017.
(2) On 18 January 2017, Italy informed the Commission about the results of the inspections and epidemiological investigations carried out in accordance with Implementing Decision 2014/909/EU and about the results of the active surveillance as regards the occurrence of the small hive beetle in the concerned Italian regions. In particular, after one isolated case in November 2014 caused by moving hives from Calabria but quickly detected, no infestation has been found in Sicily region. Therefore Italy has decided to remove the previously established protection zone in Sicily but to maintain the surveillance both in the previous protection zone and in the rest of the region.
(3) International standards laid down by the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) recommend five annual surveys to be carried out after outbreaks for an area to regain its free status. By the end of 2016 Italy has already completed two annual surveys for Sicily with favorable results and committed to continue with them and to communicate to the Commission the results and any possible changes in the epidemiological situation.
(4) Based also on the relevant conclusion of the Commission fact-finding mission on bee health in Italy on 13-17 June 2016, it can be summarised that the single introduced infestation in Sicily has been effectively eradicated. The continuing surveillance there provides further assurance on that and contributes to the internationally recognized freedom of the area in due time.
(5) However some new infestations have been found in Calabria since 2014, in particular 41 infestations in 2016.
(6) Therefore Sicily should be removed from the list of areas subject to protective measures under Implementing Decision 2014/909/EU. It is necessary however to prolong for Calabria the application of the protective measures provided for in that Decision.
(7) The period of applicability and the measures in place should be reviewed at any time in the light of new information on the epidemiological situation in the affected Italian regions.
(8) Implementing Decision 2014/909/EU should be amended accordingly.
(9) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed,
|EU-vedtak (CELEX-nr): viser også om rettsakten er i kraft|
|Anvendelsesdato i EU||
Landbruks- og matdepartementet