(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning om endring av gjennomføringsbeslutning (EU) 2018/320 med hensyn til gyldighetsperioden til beskyttelsestiltak mot soppen Batrachochytrium salamandrivorans ved handel med salamandre
(Draft) Commission Implementing Decision amending Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 as regards the period of application of the animal health protection measures for salamanders in relation to the fungus Batrachochytrium salamandrivorans
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 1.11.2019
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 established certain animal health protection measures for intra-Union trade in salamanders and the introduction into the Union of such animals in relation to the fungus Batrachochytrium salamandrivorans (Bsal). The Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 is applicable until 31 December 2019.
(2) Several Member States and stakeholders informed the Commission about their limited experience with the practical implementation of Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 and that so far, the competent authorities quarantined and certified only a handful of salamander consignments.
(3) Moreover, several recent scientific and epidemiological findings have enhanced the current knowledge about a number of aspects pertaining to Bsal, as well as confirming that Bsal is endemic in several Asian countries and its appearance in Spain.
(4) Nevertheless, significant knowledge gaps remain about its nature and diagnosis. In particular, these advances have not yet led to a clearer geographical demarcation of its presence in the majority of countries and neither to the improvement of the methods for its diagnosis nor to the potential measures to be applied for mitigating the risk of its spread via traded consignments.
(5) The detailed animal health protection measures provided for in the Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 should therefore remain unchanged.
(6) Regulation (EU) 2016/429 of the European Parliament and of the Council , consolidates the legal framework for a common Union animal health policy through a single, simplified and flexible regulatory framework for animal health. In particular, it provides for safeguard measures in the event of animal diseases. That Regulation will start to apply as from 21 April 2021.
(7) Therefore, the application of Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 should be prolonged until the date of application of that Regulation.
(8) Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/320 should therefore be amended accordingly.
(9) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet