(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning om avslag på godkjenning av 2-methyl-1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-on som et aktivt stoff for bruk i biocidprodukter i produkttype 13
(Draft) Commission Implementing Decision not approving 2-methyl-1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one as an active substance for use in biocidal products of product-type 13
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 10.8.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Poland received on 26 November 2009 an application, in accordance with Article 11(1) of Directive 98/8/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council , for the inclusion of the active substance 2-methyl-1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one (EC No: n.a., CAS No 2527-66-4) in Annex I to that Directive for use in products of product-type 13, metalworking-fluid preservatives, as described in Annex V to that Directive, which corresponds to product-type 13 as described in Annex V to Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(2) Poland submitted the assessment report together with its recommendations on 24 March 2016 in accordance with Article 90(2) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(3) The opinion of the European Chemicals Agency was formulated on 16 December 2016 by the Biocidal Products Committee, having regard to the conclusions of the evaluating competent authority.
(4) According to that opinion, biocidal products used for product-type 13 and containing 2-methyl-1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one may not be expected to satisfy the requirements laid down in Article 19(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012. For that product-type, the scenarios evaluated in the environmental risk assessment identified unacceptable risks.
(5) It is therefore not appropriate to approve 2-methyl-1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one for use in biocidal products of product-type 13.
(6) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Biocidal Products,
Klima- og miljødepartementet