(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning om ikke-godkjenning av sølvnatriumhydrogen-sirkoniumfosfat som et eksisterende aktivt stoff til bruk i biocidprodukter i produkttyper 2 og 7
(Draft) Commission Implementing Decision not approving silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate as an existing active substance for use in biocidal products of product-types 2 and 7
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 19.10.2019
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2014 establishes a list of existing active substances to be evaluated for their possible approval for use in biocidal products. That list includes silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate (EC No: 422-570-3, CAS No: 265647-11-8).
(2) Silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate has been evaluated for use in products of product-type 2, disinfectants and algaecides not intended for direct application to humans or animals, and of product-type 7, film preservatives, as described in Annex V to Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(3) Sweden was designated as a rapporteur Member State and its competent authority submitted the assessment reports together with its conclusions to the European Chemicals Agency on 12 June 2017.
(4) In accordance with Article 7(2) of Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2014, the opinions of the European Chemicals Agency were adopted on 17 October 2018 by the Biocidal Products Committee, having regard to the conclusions of the evaluating competent authority.
(5) According to those opinions, biocidal products of product-types 2 and 7 containing silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate may not be expected to meet the criteria laid down in Article 19(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012 as sufficient efficacy has not been demonstrated.
(6) Taking into account the opinions of the European Chemicals Agency, it is not appropriate to approve silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate for use in biocidal products of product-types 2 and 7, as the conditions laid down in Article 4(1) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012 are not satisfied.
(7) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Biocidal Products
Klima- og miljødepartementet