(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenning av aktivt klor frigjort fra klor som et eksisterende aktivt stoff for bruk i biocidprodukter i produkttype 2 og 5
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation approving active chlorine released from chlorine as an existing active substance for use in biocidal products of product-types 2 and 5
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 10.8.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2014 establishes a list of existing active substances to be evaluated for their possible approval for use in biocidal products. That list includes active chlorine released from chlorine (hereafter referred to as ‘chlorine’).
(2) Chlorine has been evaluated in accordance with Article 16(2) of Directive 98/8/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council for use in products of product-type 2, private area and public health area disinfectants and other biocidal products, and product-type 5, drinking water disinfectants, as defined in Annex V to that Directive, which correspond respectively to product-types 2 and 5 as defined in Annex V to Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(3) Italy was designated as evaluating competent authority and submitted the assessment reports together with its recommendations on 17 May 2010.
(4) In accordance with Article 7(2) of Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2014, the opinions of the European Chemicals Agency were formulated on 14 December 2016 by the Biocidal Products Committee, having regard to the conclusions of the evaluating competent authority.
(5) According to those opinions, biocidal products of product-types 2 and 5 containing chlorine may be expected to satisfy the requirements of Article 5 of Directive 98/8/EC, provided that certain specifications and conditions concerning its use are complied with.
(6) It is therefore appropriate to approve chlorine for use in biocidal products of product-types 2 and 5, subject to compliance with certain specifications and conditions.
(7) A reasonable period should be allowed to elapse before an active substance is approved in order to permit interested parties to take the preparatory measures necessary to meet the new requirements.
(8) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Biocidal Products,
Klima- og miljødepartementet