(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenning av pereddiksyre generert av tetraacetylethlenediamin og natriumperkarbonat som et eksisterende aktivt stoff for bruk i biocidprodukter i produkttype 2, 3 og 4
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation approving peracetic acid generated from tetraacetylethylenediamine and sodium percarbonate as an existing active substance for use in biocidal products of product-types 2, 3 and 4
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 10.8.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2014 establishes a list of existing active substances to be evaluated for their possible approval for use in biocidal products. That list includes peracetic acid generated from tetraacetylethylenediamine and sodium percarbonate.
(2) Peracetic acid generated from tetraacetylethylenediamine and sodium percarbonate has been evaluated in accordance with Article 16(2) of Directive 98/8/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council for use in products of product-type 2, private area and public health area disinfectants and other biocidal products, product-type 3, veterinary hygiene biocidal products, and product-type 4, food and feed area disinfectants, as defined in Annex V to that Directive, which correspond respectively to product-types 2, 3 and 4 as defined in Annex V to Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(3) Finland was designated as evaluating competent authority and submitted the assessment reports together with its recommendations on 16 January 2013.
(4) In accordance with Article 7(2) of Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1062/2014, the opinions of the European Chemicals Agency were formulated on 13 December 2016 by the Biocidal Products Committee, having regard to the conclusions of the evaluating competent authority.
(5) According to those opinions, biocidal products of product-types 2, 3 and 4 based on peracetic acid generated from tetraacetylethylenediamine and sodium percarbonate may be expected to satisfy the requirements of Article 5 of Directive 98/8/EC, provided that certain specifications and conditions concerning its use are complied with.
(6) It is therefore appropriate to approve peracetic acid generated from tetraacetylethylenediamine and sodium percarbonate for use in biocidal products of product-types 2, 3 and 4, subject to compliance with certain specifications and conditions.
(7) A reasonable period should be allowed to elapse before an active substance is approved in order to permit interested parties to take the preparatory measures necessary to meet the new requirements.
(8) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Biocidal Products,
Klima- og miljødepartementet