(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om forlengelsen av godkjenningen av benzosyre som et fôrtilsetningsstoff til avvendte smågriser og slaktegriser, og om oppheving av forordning (EF) nr. 1730/2006 og (EF) nr. 1138/2007 (innehaver av godkjenningen DSM Nutritional Products Sp. z o. o.)
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the renewal of the authorisation of benzoic acid as a feed additive for weaned piglets and pigs for fattening and repealing Regulations (EC) No 1730/2006 and (EC) No 1138/2007 (holder of authorisation DSM Nutritional Products Sp. z o. o.)
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 5.7.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 provides for the authorisation of additives for use in animal nutrition and for the grounds and procedures for granting and renewing such authorisation.
(2) Benzoic acid was authorised for 10 years as a feed additive for weaned piglets by Commission Regulation (EC) No 1730/2006 , and for pigs for fattening by Commission Regulation (EC) No 1138/2007 .
(3) In accordance with Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, an application was submitted by the holder of those authorisations for the renewal of the authorisation of benzoic acid as a feed additive, both for weaned piglets and for pigs for fattening, requesting that additive to be classified in the additive category ’zootechnical additives‘. Those applications were accompanied by the particulars and documents required under Article 14(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(4) The European Food Safety Authority (‘the Authority’) concluded in its opinion of 28 November 2017 that the applicant has provided data demonstrating that the additive complies with the conditions of authorisation. The assessment of benzoic acid shows that the conditions for authorisation, as provided for in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, are satisfied. Accordingly, the authorisation of that additive should be renewed as specified in the Annex to this Regulation.
(5) As a consequence of the renewal of the authorisation of benzoic acid as a feed additive under the conditions laid down in the Annex to this Regulation, Regulations (EC) No 1730/2006 and No 1138/2007 should be repealed.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Helse- og omsorgsdepartementet