(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om endring av forordning (EU) 2015/1998 med hensyn til avklaring, harmonisering og forenkling av visse spesifikke sikkerhetstiltak i luftfarten
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1998 as regards clarification, harmonisation and simplification of certain specific aviation security measures
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 19.4.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Experience with the implementation of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1998 has shown the need for minor amendments to the implementing modalities of certain common basic standards. The changes proposed in the attached texts do not create any substantial new requirements but facilitate the practical implementation of the EU aviation security measures and are based on input received from Member States and aviation security stakeholders.
(2) Certain specific aviation security measures should be clarified, harmonised or simplified in order to improve legal clarity, standardise the common interpretation of the legislation and further ensure the best implementation of the common basic standards on aviation security.
(3) The amendments concern the implementation of a limited number of measures in relation to airport security, aircraft security, screening of liquids aerosols and gels, hold baggage, cargo and mail, in-flight supplies, staff recruitment and training, and security equipment.
(4) Following the entry into force of this Regulation regulated agents should be prohibited from designating further account consignors as recommended by State letter 16/85 of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Before losing their status by 30 June 2021 at the latest, account consignors designated before the entry into force of this Regulation should have the option of becoming regulated agents or known consignors.
(5) Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1998 should therefore be amended accordingly.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Committee on Civil Aviation Security.