(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenningen av et preparat av Pediococcus pentosaceus DSM 32291 som fôrtilsetningsstoff til alle dyrearter
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the authorisation of a preparation of Pediococcus pentosaceus DSM 32291 as a feed additive for all animal species
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 5.7.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 provides for the authorisation of additives for use in animal nutrition and for the grounds and procedures for granting such authorisation.
(2) In accordance with Article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 an application was submitted for the authorisation of a preparation of Pediococcus pentosaceus DSM 32291. That application was accompanied by the particulars and documents required under Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(3) That application concerns the authorisation of a preparation of Pediococcus pentosaceus DSM 32291 as a feed additive for all animal species, to be classified in the additive category ‘technological additives’.
(4) The European Food Safety Authority (‘the Authority’) concluded in its opinion of 21 February 2018 that, under the proposed conditions of use, the preparation of Pediococcus pentosaceus DSM 32291 does not have an adverse effect on animal health, human health or the environment. The Authority also concluded that the preparation concerned has the potential to improve the production of silage from easy, and moderately difficult to ensile forage materials. The Authority does not consider that there is a need for specific requirements of post-market monitoring. It also verified the report on the method of analysis of the feed additive in feed submitted by the Reference Laboratory set up by Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(5) The assessment of the preparation of Pediococcus pentosaceus DSM 32291 shows that the conditions for authorisation, as provided for in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, are satisfied. Accordingly, the use of that preparation should be authorised as specified in the Annex to this Regulation.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet
Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet