(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenning av L-valin tilvirket av Corynebacterium glutamicum KCCM 11201P som tilsetningsstoff i fôrvarer for alle dyrearter
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the authorisation of L-valine produced by Corynebacterium glutamicum KCCM 11201P as a feed additive for all animal species
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 11.7.2019
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 provides for the authorisation of additives for use in animal nutrition and for the grounds and procedures for granting such authorisation.
(2) In accordance with Article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 an application was submitted for the authorisation of L-valine. The application was accompanied by the particulars and documents required under Article 7(3) of that Regulation.
(3) The application concerns the authorisation of L-valine produced by Corynebacterium glutamicum KCCM 11201P as a feed additive for all animal species, to be classified in the additive category ‘nutritional additives’.
(4) The European Food Safety Authority (‘the Authority’) concluded in its opinion of 28 November 2018 that, under the proposed conditions of use, L-valine produced by Corynebacterium glutamicum KCCM 11201P when supplemented to diets in appropriate amounts does not have an adverse effect on animal health, human health or the environment. Further, the Authority concluded that it is considered an efficacious source of the essential amino acid L-valine for animal nutrition and that in order to be efficacious in ruminants, the additive should be protected against degradation in the rumen. The Authority does not consider that there is a need for specific requirements of post-market monitoring. It also verified the report on the method of analysis of the feed additive in feed submitted by the Reference Laboratory set up by Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(5) The assessment of that substance shows that the conditions for authorisation, as provided for in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, are satisfied. Accordingly, the use of that substance should be authorised as specified in the Annex to this Regulation.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet
Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet