(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenning av det aktive stoffet natriumklorid, i samsvar med europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EF) nr. 1107/2009 om markedsføring av plantevernmidler, og om endring av vedlegget til forordning (EU) nr. 540/2011
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation approving the basic substance sodium chloride in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market, and amending the Annex to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 540/2011
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 28.7.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) In accordance with Article 23(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, the Commission received on 7 June 2016 an application from the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (UK) and the Institut Technique de l'Agriculture Biologique (ITAB) for the approval of salt as a basic substance for use as a fungicide in mushrooms. In addition, the Commission received on 21 July 2016 an application from ITAB for the approval of sea salt as basic substance for use as a fungicide and insecticide in grapes. Since both applications concern the substance sodium chloride of food-grade quality, the applications were merged. The applications were accompanied by the information required by the second subparagraph of Article 23(3).
(2) The Commission asked the European Food Safety Authority (hereinafter 'the Authority') for scientific assistance. The Authority presented to the Commission a Technical Report on the sodium chloride on 20 January 2017 . The Commission presented the review report and a draft of this Regulation to the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed on 23 March 2017 and finalised them for the meeting of that Committee on 20 July 2017.
(3) The documentation provided by the applicant shows that sodium chloride fulfils the criteria of a foodstuff as defined in Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council . Moreover, it is not predominantly used for plant protection purposes but nevertheless is useful in plant protection in a product consisting of the substance and water. Consequently, it is to be considered as a basic substance.
(4) It has appeared from the examinations made that sodium chloride may be expected to satisfy, in general, the requirements laid down in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, in particular with regard to the uses which were examined and detailed in the Commission review report. It is therefore appropriate to approve sodium chloride as a basic substance.
(5) In accordance with Article 13(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 in conjunction with Article 6 thereof and in the light of current scientific and technical knowledge, it is, however, necessary to include certain conditions and restrictions.
(6) In accordance with Article 13(4) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, the Annex to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 540/2011 should be amended accordingly.
(7) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed,
Landbruks- og matdepartementet