(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenning av øl som et basisstoff i samsvar med europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EF) nr. 1107/2009 om markedsføring av plantevernmidler, og om endring av vedlegget til Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning (EU) nr. 540/2011
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the approval of beer as a basic substance in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market, and amending the Annex to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 540/2011
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 12.10.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) In accordance with Article 23(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, the Commission received on 11 November 2016 an application from the Institut Technique de l'Agriculture Biologique for the approval of beer as a basic substance. That application was accompanied by the information required by the second subparagraph of Article 23(3).
(2) The Commission asked the European Food Safety Authority ('the Authority') for scientific assistance. The Authority presented to the Commission a Technical Report on beer on 9 June 2017 . The Commission presented the review report and a draft of this Regulation to the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed on 20 July 2017 and finalised them for the meeting of that Committee on 6 October 2017.
(3) The documentation provided by the applicant shows that beer fulfils the criteria of a foodstuff as defined in Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council . Moreover, it is not predominantly used for plant protection purposes but nevertheless is useful in plant protection in a product consisting of the substance and water. Consequently, it is to be considered as a basic substance.
(4) It has appeared from the examinations made that beer may be expected to satisfy, in general, the requirements laid down in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, in particular with regard to the uses which were examined and detailed in the Commission review report. It is therefore appropriate to approve beer as a basic substance.
(5) In accordance with Article 13(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 in conjunction with Article 6 thereof and in the light of current scientific and technical knowledge, it is, however, necessary to include certain conditions.
(6) In accordance with Article 13(4) of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009, the Annex to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 540/2011 should be amended accordingly.
(7) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed,
Landbruks- og matdepartementet