Rådets gjennnomføringsbeslutning (EU) 2018/... av 20. desember 2018 om fastsetting av en rekommandasjon om avhjelping av manglene som ble konstatert ved evalueringen i 2017 av Norges anvendelse av Schengenreglene på området retur
Council Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/... of 20 December 2018 setting out a Recommendation on addressing the deficiencies identified in the 2017 evaluation of Norway on the application of the Schengen acquis in the field of return
Rådsbeslutning vedtatt 20.12.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra rådsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) The purpose of this decision is to recommend to Norway remedial actions to address deficiencies identified during the Schengen evaluation in the field of return carried out in 2017. Following the evaluation, a report covering the findings and assessments, listing best practices and deficien cies was adopted by Commission implementing Decision C(2018)1570.
(2) The possibility to hold an illegally staying third-country national who does not return voluntarily liable for the costs of his/her forced removal and the practical application of this possibility can serve as an incentive for migrants to opt for voluntary return. Therefore, it should be considered as a good practice.
(3) To ensure compliance with the Schengen acquis on return, notably the standards and procedures set by Directive 2008/115/EC, priority should be given to implementing recommendation.
(4) All necessary measures should be taken to return illegally staying third-country nationals in an effective and proportionate manner.
(5) On 12 September 2018 the Commission adopted a proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on common standards and procedures in Member States for returning illegally staying third-country nationals (recast).
(6) This Decision should be transmitted to the European Parliament and to the parliaments of the Member States. Within three months of its adoption, Norway should, pursuant to Article 16(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1053/2013, establish an action plan listing all recommendations to remedy any deficiencies identified in the evaluation report and provide at action plan to the Commission and the Council.
|EU-vedtak (CELEX-nr): viser også om rettsakten er i kraft|
Justis- og beredskapsdepartementet