(Under forberedelse) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om fastsettelse av gjennomføringsbestemmelser til europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EU) 2019/2144 med hensyn til enhetlige framgangsmåter og tekniske spesifikasjoner for typegodkjenning av kjøretøyer og av systemer, komponenter og uavhengige tekniske enheter for slike kjøretøyer når det gjelder deres generelle konstruksjonskarakteristikker og sikkerhet
(In preparation) Commission Implementing Regulation laying down rules for the application of Regulation (EU) 2019/2144 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards uniform procedures and technical specifications for the type-approval of vehicles, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles, as regards their general construction characteristics and safety
Kommisjonsforordning under forberedelse lagt ut på høring av Kommisjonen 14.7.2020
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 78/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Regulation (EC) No 79/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Regulation (EC) No 661/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council and Commission Regulations (EC) No 631/2009, (EU) No 406/2010, (EU) No 672/2010, (EU) No 1003/2010, (EU) No 1005/2010, (EU) No 1008/2010, (EU) No 1009/2010, (EU) No 19/2011, (EU) No 109/2011, (EU) No 65/2012, (EU) No 130/2012, (EU) No 347/2012, (EU) No 351/2012, (EU) No 1230/2012 and (EU) 2015/166 are repealed as of 6 July 2022. Their provisions should be carried over and, where necessary, amended to take account of current practice and technological developments.
(2) Provisions concerning uniform administrative procedures and technical specifications for type-approval of vehicles and of systems, components and separate technical units regarding their general safety should be laid down in this Regulation.
(3) The scope of this Regulation should be in line with that of Regulation (EU) 2019/2144, in particular as defined in its Annex II.
(4) It is in particular necessary to set out specific procedures for type-approval in accordance with Article 30(1) of Regulation (EU) 2018/858 concerning virtual testing, Article 39(1) concerning new technologies or concepts incompatible with the existing requirements and Article 72(1) concerning in-house technical service with regard to areas covered by UN regulations, as such provisions are needed.
(5) It is in principle not possible to obtain type-approval in accordance with UN regulations in the case of installed components or separate technical units which have only a valid EU type-approval. However, this should be made possible for the purposes of EU type-approval according to Regulation (EU) 2019/2144, based on the provisions of the UN regulations listed in Annex II to that Regulation.
(6) UN regulations contain specific provisions on the particulars that must accompany an application for type-approval. In the context of the procedures provided for in this Regulation, those particulars should equally be indicated in the information folder.
(7) In order to harmonise further the provisions concerning the space for mounting and fixing of registration plates, the requirements applicable for rear registration plate space should be extended to also cover the front registration plate space.
(8) In order to prevent clerical errors in the vehicle identification number (VIN), the VIN should contain a check digit and the method of calculation of that check digit should be defined.
(9) Global harmonisation of safety requirements with respect to hydrogen-powered vehicles is an important step to promote alternative fuel vehicles. UN Regulation No 134 applies in the Union, however, it does not contain any requirements on material compatibility and hydrogen embrittlement for hydrogen systems and components for hydrogen-powered vehicles. Such requirements are necessary to ensure a high level of safety as regards material selection in hydrogen systems.
(10) Specific provisions for liquefied hydrogen storage systems as well as geometries of the fuelling receptacles are also not yet included in UN regulation 134, whereas they need to be carried over from Regulation (EC) No 79/2009 to ensure consistency.
(11) To allow for a consistent approach with regard to the numbering of EU type-approval certificates and EU type-approval marks, it is further necessary to set out specific administrative provisions as well as a numbering and marking system under this Regulation. For that purpose, Annex IV to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/683 needs to be amended.
(12) The templates for the information documents and the type-approval certificates, contained in Annexes I and III to Regulation (EU) 2020/683, should also be modified to take into account the new requirements introduced by this Regulation. In addition, certain editorial errors are detected in the Appendix to Annex VIII to that Regulation that need to be corrected in order to ensure legal certainty.
(13) More time is needed for manufacturers to adjust to the new requirements with regard to the statutory markings and the space for mounting and fixing of front registration plates. Therefore, transitional provisions are needed to ensure that those requirements will first apply to new vehicle types.
(14) As far as this Regulation does not modify the requirements under Regulations (EC) No 78/2009, (EC) No 79/2009 and (EC) No 661/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council, type-approvals granted to vehicles, systems, components or separate technical units in accordance with those Regulations should remain valid and extensions of such approvals should remain possible under the terms of the repealed acts.
(15) The empowerments contained in Articles 4(7), 8(3) and 10 (3) of Regulation (EU) 2019/2144 aim at the introduction of uniform procedures and technical specifications for type-approval of vehicles, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles, as regards certain general characteristics of their construction and safety. As those empowerments are closely linked by their subject matter, they should be bundled in this Regulation.
(16) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Technical Committee – Motor Vehicles