(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning om endring av vedtak 92/260/EØS og 93/197/EØS når det gjelder testing for equin viral artenitis
(Draft) Commission Implementing Decision amending Decisions 92/260/EEC and 93/197/EEC as regards the testing for equine viral arteritis
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 16.6.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Directive 2009/156/EC lays down animal health conditions for the importation into the Union of live equidae. It empowers the Commission to lay down, amongst others, the special conditions for the temporary admission of registered equidae and imports into the Union of equidae.
(2) Commission Decision 92/260/EEC provides that Member States are to authorise the temporary admission into the Union of registered horses complying with the animal health conditions and veterinary certification requirements set out, amongst others in Annex II (A) to (E) thereto.
(3) Commission Decision 93/197/EEC provides that Member States are to authorise imports into the Union of registered equidae and equidae for breeding and production complying with the animal health conditions and veterinary certification requirements set out, amongst others in Annex II (A) to (E) thereto.
(4) If they come from a third country in which equine viral arteritis was officially reported during the past 6 months prior to dispatch to the Union, uncastrated male equidae may only be introduced into the Union after they have been tested with negative result for equine viral arteritis or have been vaccinated and regularly revaccinated against this disease.
(5) In addition to the Union requirements for testing or vaccination of uncastrated male equidae intended for entry into the Union, Chapter 12.9 of the Terrestrial Animal Health Code (‘the Code’) of the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), Edition 2017 , contains recommendation on testing of uncastrated male equidae for equine viral arteritis.
(6) Where a semen sample cannot be obtained for testing of a seropositive uncastrated male equid and uninterrupted vaccination cannot be certified, test mating of the male equid to two seronegative mares as described in point 4(a) of Article 12.9.2 of the Code is a suitable alternative protocol to ensure that those uncastrated male equids do not shed equine arteritis virus in their semen.
(7) Due to shortages in the supply of vaccine against equine viral arteritis, it is necessary to provide a test protocol for equine viral arteritis in line with OIE recommendations and to amend the health certificates set out in Annex II (A) to (E) to Decisions 92/260/EEC and 93/197/EEC accordingly.
(8) Decisions 92/260/EEC and 93/197/EEC should therefore be amended accordingly.
(9) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed.
Landbruks- og matdepartementet