(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenningen av et preparat av natriumalginat som et fôrtilsetningsstoff til katter, hunder, andre ikke-matproduserende dyr og fisk og et preparat av kaliumalginat som et fôrtilsetningsstoff til katter og hunder
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the authorisation of a preparation of sodium alginate as a feed additive for cats, dogs, other non-food-producing animals and fish and a preparation of potassium alginate as a feed additive for cats and dogs
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 5.7.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 provides for the authorisation of additives for use in animal nutrition and for the grounds and procedures for granting such authorisation.
(2) In accordance with Article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 an application was submitted for the authorisation of potassium alginate.
(3) Article 10 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 provides for the re-evaluation of additives authorised pursuant to Council Directive 70/524/EEC . Sodium alginate was authorised without a time limit by Directive 70/524/EEC as feed additive for fish, pets and other non food-producing animals. The additive was subsequently entered in the Register of feed additives as existing product, in accordance with Article 10(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(4) In accordance with Article 10(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 in conjunction with Article 7 thereof, an application was submitted for the re-evaluation of sodium alginate as feed additive for pets and other non food-producing animals and fish.
(5) The applications concern the authorisation of potassium alginate as a feed additive for cats and dogs, and sodium alginate as a feed additive for cats, dogs, other non food-producing animals and fish, to be classified in the additive category ‘technological additives’. Those applications were accompanied by the particulars and documents required under Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(6) The European Food Safety Authority (‘the Authority’) concluded in its opinion of 5 July 2017 that, under the proposed conditions of use, potassium alginate and sodium alginate do not have an adverse effect on animal health, human health or the environment. The Authority also concluded that the potassium alginate and sodium alginate concerned are effective as stabilisers, thickeners, gelling agents and binders. The Authority does not consider that there is a need for specific requirements of post-market monitoring. It also verified the report on the method of analysis of the feed additive in feed submitted by the Reference Laboratory set up by Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(7) The assessment of the additives concerned shows that the conditions for authorisation, as provided for in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, are satisfied. Accordingly, the use of additives should be authorised as specified in the Annex to this Regulation.
(8) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet
Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet