(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om endring av forordning (EU) nr. 900/2009 med hensyn til karakterisering av selenmethionin produsert av Saccharomyces cerevisiae
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation amending Regulation (EC) No 900/2009 as regards the characterisation of selenomethionine produced by Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-3399
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 10.11.2017
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Regulation (EC) No 900/2009 as amended by Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 427/2013 authorises selenomethionine produced by Saccharomyces cerevisiae NCYC R397 as a feed additive.
(2) The Commission received an application requesting a modification of the conditions of the authorisation as regards the characterisation of the feed additive. That application was accompanied by the relevant supporting data. The Commission forwarded that application to the European Food Safety Authority ('the Authority').
(3) The Authority concluded in its opinion of 5 July 2017 that the requested modification would not affect the safety and efficacy of the product, recalling the risk for user safety of the product. The current authorisation act contains a provision to adequately address this risk. The Authority suggests to include the selenocysteine content in the characterisation of the additive but due to a lack of an analytical method for selenocysteine this suggestion cannot be followed.
(4) The assessment of the modified preparation shows that it satisfies the conditions for authorisation, provided for in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(5) Regulation (EC) No 900/2009 should therefore be amended accordingly.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plant, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet
Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet