(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om godkjenning av et preparat av Enterococcus faecium DSM 7134 som tilsetningsstoff (i drikkevann) til purker (innehaver av godkjenningen: Lactosan GmbH & Co)
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation concerning the authorisation of a preparation of Enterococcus faecium DSM 7134 as a feed additive (in water for drinking) for sows (holder of authorisation Lactosan GmbH & Co)
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 10.7.2019
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 provides for the authorisation of additives for use in animal nutrition and for the grounds and procedures for granting such authorisation.
(2) In accordance with Article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, an application was submitted for the authorisation of a preparation of Enterococcus faecium DSM 7134 as a feed additive for sows. That application was accompanied by the particulars and documents required under Article 7(3) of that Regulation.
(3) That application concerns the authorisation of a preparation of Enterococcus faecium DSM 7134 to be used in water for drinking, to be classified in the additive category ʽzootechnical additivesʼ.
(4) The European Food Safety Authority (‘the Authority’) concluded in its opinion of 23 January 2019 that, under the proposed conditions of use, the preparation of Enterococcus faecium DSM 7134 does not have an adverse effect on animal health or the environment. However, it also concluded that the additive is considered as a skin and respiratory sensitiser. Therefore, the Commission considers that appropriate protective measures should be taken to prevent adverse effects on human health, in particular as regards the users of the additive. The Authority also concluded that the additive has a potential to be efficacious to improve zootechnical parameters in water for drinking, for sows. The Authority does not consider that there is a need for specific requirements of post-market monitoring. It also verified the report on the method of analysis of the feed additive in feed submitted by the Reference Laboratory set up by Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003.
(5) The assessment of the preparation of Enterococcus faecium DSM 7134 shows that the conditions for authorisation, as provided for in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003, are satisfied. Accordingly, the use of that preparation should be authorised as specified in the Annex to this Regulation.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet