Expert group on renewable fuels:
The task of the group of MS experts is to contribute to the implementation of provisions set out in the revised Renewable Energy Directive(Directive (EU) 2018/2001) related to renewable fuels including biofuels, bioliquids and biomass fuels, low and high ILUC –risk fuels, renewable liquid and gaseous transport fuels of non-biological origin and recycled carbon fuels.
• Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of delegated acts
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
• Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
• Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee