Commission expert group on climate change policy:
The Commission expert group on climate change policy (CCEG) shall assist DG Clima in the implementation of its policies and in the preparation of delegated acts, especially in relation to the legislation adopted for the implementation of the Paris Agreement. In addition, the CCEG may assist DG Clima in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives, as well as serve as a forum for coordination and exchange of views in the policy area of climate with the Member States.
• Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of delegated acts
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
• Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
• Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee