Gross National Income Expert Group
To advise the Commission on, and to express its views regarding, the comparability, reliability and exhaustiveness of gross national income (‘GNI’) calculations, to examine any issues in the implementation of Regulation (EU) No 2019/516 and to issue annual opinions on the appropriateness of the GNI data submitted by the Member States for own resources purposes.
• Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of delegated acts
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
• Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
• Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee