The Digital Decade Board should assist and advise the Commission on digital transformation issues, including relevant legislation, policies, measures and actions that contribute to reaching the 2030 digital targets and general objectives set out in the 2030 Digital Decade Policy Programme, as well as the external dimension of the Digital Decade, taking into account the Digital Principles Declaration and its implementation. It should establish cooperation and coordination between the Commission and Member States on digital transformation issues, including to facilitate and operationalise the implementation of multi-country projects and European Digital Infrastructure Consortia (EDICs).
- Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
- Assist the Commission in the preparation of delegated acts
- Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
- Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
- Other (upon the request of the Commission and under its supervision, to participate in an exchange of views and discussion on issues linked to the Union’s digital transformation with stakeholders)
- Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee