The Forum shall assist the Commission in implementing the Union's activities and programmes aimed at fostering more efficient exchange of electronic information in transport and logistics, with the objective of removing technical, operational and administrative barriers between and within transport modes. The Forum shall provide a platform for structural dialogue, exchange of technical knowledge, cooperation, and coordination between the Commission, Member States, and relevant transport and logistics stakeholders.
- Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
- Assist the Commission in the preparation of delegated acts
- Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
- Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
- Other (Task of the group is to provide advice and technical expertise to the Commission and its services in relation to the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives in the field of digital transport and logistics, as well as in their implementation. This includes in particular coordination and cooperation with Member States and stakeholders.)
- Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee