Expert Group for Disaster Prevention and Risk Management :
The Disaster Prevention and Risk Management Commission Expert Group provide advice for the co-development of knowledge to risk prevention and disaster risk management related policies with the objective to improve understanding of risk, build resilience based on risk-informed approaches to policymaking, and to contribute to the development of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. The Expert Group also fosters discussion and exchange of best practices in the field of disaster risk prevention and disaster risk management with the objective to encourage coordination among Member States that are prone to similar types of disasters.
• Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of delegated acts
• Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
• Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
• Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee