(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning (om EU-godkjenning av biocidproduktfamilien 'Teat disinfectants biocidal product family of CVAS'
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation granting a Union authorisation for the biocidal product family Teat disinfectants biocidal product family of CVAS
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 7.11.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) On 28 August 2015, the Scientific Consulting Company - SCC GmbH acting on behalf of CVAS Development GmbH submitted an application in accordance with Article 43(1) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012 for authorisation of a biocidal product family named Teat disinfectants biocidal product family of CVAS ('product family') of product-type 3, as described in Annex V to that Regulation. The competent authority of Netherlands agreed to evaluate the application as referred to in Article 43(1) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012. The application was recorded under the case number BC-WU019429-99 in the Register for Biocidal Products ('the Register').
(2) The biocidal product family contains iodine, including polyvinylpyrrolidone iodine, as the active substance, which is included in the Union list of approved active substances referred to in Article 9(2) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012. Taking into account the intrinsic properties of the active substance, and following the entry into application of the scientific criteria for the determination of endocrine-disrupting properties set out in Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2017/2100, the Commission will consider the need to review the approval of iodine, including polyvinylpyrrolidone iodine, in accordance with Article 15 of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012. Depending on the outcome of that review, the Commission will then consider whether the Union authorisations for products containing the active substance have to be reviewed in accordance with Article 48 of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(3) On 30 August 2017, the evaluating competent authority submitted, in accordance with Article 44(1) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012, the assessment report and the conclusions of its evaluation to the European Chemicals Agency ('the Agency').
(4) On 19 March 2018, the Agency submitted to the Commission an opinion, including the draft summary of the biocidal product characteristics ('SPC') of the product family and the final assessment report on the product family in accordance with Article 44(3) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012. The opinion concludes that the product family falls within the definition of ‘biocidal product family’ laid down in Article 3(1)(s) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012, that it is eligible for Union authorisation in accordance with Article 42(1) of that Regulation and that subject to compliance with the draft SPC, the product family meets the conditions laid down in Article 19(1) and (6) of that Regulation.
(5) On 25 April 2018, the Agency transmitted to the Commission the draft SPC in all the official languages of the Union in accordance with Article 44(4) of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012.
(6) The Commission concurs with the opinion of the Agency and considers it therefore appropriate to grant a Union authorisation for the biocidal product family.
(7) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Biocidal Products
Klima- og miljødepartementet