(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om endring av gjennomføringsforordning (EU) 2016/799 med hensyn til konstruksjon, testing, installasjon og reparasjon av smarte ferdsskrivere og deres komponenter
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/799 as regards the requirements for the construction, testing, installation and repair of smart tachographs and their components
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 7.5.2021
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EU) No 165/2014 has introduced smart tachographs, which include a connection to the global navigation satellite system (‘GNSS’) facility, a remote early detection communication facility, and an interface with intelligent transport systems.
(2) The technical requirements for the construction, testing, installation, operation and repair of tachographs and their components are set out in Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/799.
(3) Regulation (EU) No 165/2014 and Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council have been amended by Regulation (EU) 2020/1054 of the European Parliament and of the Council. Regulation (EU) 2020/1054 requires additional features to be implemented in the smart tachograph. Consequently, a new version of the smart tachograph needs to be defined by amending Regulation (EU) 2016/799.
(4) In accordance with Article 8(1) of Regulation (EU) No 165/2014, the position of the vehicle should be recorded automatically every time the vehicle crosses the border of a Member State and every time the vehicle performs loading or unloading activities.
(5) The interface with Intelligent Transport Systems, which is optional in the version of the smart tachograph implemented as of 15 June 2019, should be mandatory for the new version of the smart tachograph.
(6) The new version of the smart tachograph should be prepared to authenticate the Galileo Satellite signal as soon as the Galileo system becomes operational.
(7) In order to avoid the physical replacement of the recording equipment whenever a modification to the technical specifications of the tachograph is adopted, it is necessary to ensure that future tachograph functionalities can be implemented and improved through software updates.
(8) Regulation (EU) 2016/799 allows for an adaptor to be installed between the motion sensor and the tachograph for vehicles that, whilst having a weight below 3.5 tons, may occasionally overcome that threshold, for instance when towing a trailer. Following the amendment to Regulation (EC) No 561/2006, the obligation to fit a tachograph has been extended to vehicles above 2.5 tons. The mandatory fitting of the smart tachograph in light commercial vehicles makes necessary to enhance the level of security provided by the adaptor by fitting an internal sensor inside the tachograph, which is independent of the motion sensor signal.
(9) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the committee established by Article 42(1) of Regulation (EU) No 165/2014,