(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om endring av gjennomføringsforordning (EU) 2020/466 med hensyn til bruk av elektronisk dokumentasjon for yteevnen til offentlig kontroll og andre offisielle aktiviteter og perioden for anvendelse av midlertidige tiltak
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/466 as regards the use of electronic documentation for the performance of official controls and other official activities and the period of application of temporary measures
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 21.5.2020
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EU) 2017/625 lays down rules for, inter alia, the performance of official controls and of other official activities by the competent authorities of Member States. It also empowers the Commission to adopt, by means of an implementing act, appropriate temporary measures necessary to contain risks to human, animal and plant health and animal welfare, if it has evidence of a serious disruption in a Member State’s control system.
(2) In order to address the specific circumstances due to the ongoing crisis related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/466 allows Member States to apply temporary measures in relation to official controls and other official activities. That Implementing Regulation allows for official controls and other official activities on official certificates and official attestations to be performed on an electronic copy of such certificates or attestations, subject to certain conditions.
(3) In order to ensure smooth trade, it should be clarified that official controls and other official activities may be performed on a copy of the original certificates or attestations, which has been provided by certain electronic means. In addition, it should be clarified that the obligation to provide the original of those documents as soon as technically feasible does not apply where official controls and other official activities are performed based on electronic data produced and submitted in the Trade Control and Expert System (TRACES).
(4) Some Member States have informed the Commission and the other Member States that the serious disruptions in the functioning of their control systems in view of the crisis linked to COVID-19 and the difficulties to perform official controls and other official activities will persist beyond 1 June 2020. In order to address these serious disruptions and facilitate the planning and the performance of official controls and other official activities during the crisis linked to COVID-19, the period of application of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/466 should be prolonged until 1 August 2020.
(5) Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/466 should therefore be amended accordingly.
(6) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
Landbruks- og matdepartementet
Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet