Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning (EU) 2019/600 av 11. april 2019 om endring av beslutning 2011/163/EU om godkjenning av planer fremlagt av Storbritannia og Nord-Irland og dets kronbesittelser i henhold til artikkel 29 i rådsdirektiv 96/23/EF
Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/600 of 11 April 2019 amending Decision 2011/163/EU on the approval of plans submitted by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Crown Dependencies in accordance with Article 29 of Council Directive 96/23/EC
Kommisjonsbeslutning publisert i EU-tidende 12.4.2019
Red. anm.: Anvendes i EØS-avtalen ved forenklet prosedyre uten vedtak i EØS-komiteen.
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) On 29 March 2017, the United Kingdom submitted the notification of its intention to withdraw from the Union pursuant to Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU). On 22 March 2019, the European Council adopted Decision (EU) 2019/476 extending the period under Article 50(3) TEU in agreement with the United Kingdom. In accordance with that Decision, in the event that the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved by the House of Commons by 29 March 2019 at the latest, the period provided for in Article 50(3) TEU is extended until 12 April 2019. As the Withdrawal Agreement has not been approved by 29 March 2019, Union law will cease to apply to and in the United Kingdom from 13 April 2019 (“the withdrawal date”).
(2) Article 29 of Directive 96/23/EC requires that third countries from which Member States are authorised to import animals and animal products covered by that Directive submit residue monitoring plans providing required guarantees (‘the plans’). The plans should cover at least the groups of residues and substances listed in Annex I to that Directive.
(3) Commission Decision 2011/163/EU approves the plans submitted by certain third countries concerning specified animal and animal products listed in the Annex to that Decision.
(4) The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has submitted the plans for that country and its Crown Dependencies for bovine, ovine/caprine, porcine, equine, poultry, aquaculture, milk, eggs, rabbit, wild game, farmed game and honey to the Commission. Those plans provide sufficient guarantees and should be approved.
(5) Therefore, in order to avoid any unnecessary disruption to trade after the withdrawal date, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Crown Dependencies should be included in the list of third countries set out in Decision 2011/163/EU for which the plans are approved. The Annex to Decision 2011/163/EU should therefore be amended accordingly.
(6) This Decision should apply from 13 April 2019, unless Union law continues to apply to and in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on that date.
(7) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed.
|EU-vedtak (CELEX-nr): viser også om rettsakten er i kraft|
|Rettsakt på EU-språk|
Landbruks- og matdepartementet