(Under forberedelse) Delegert kommisjonsforordning (EU) .../... om utfylling av europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EU) nr. 376/2004 med hensyn til den felleseuropeiske risikoklassifiseringen
(In preparation) Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) .../... supplementing Regulation (EU) No 376/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the common European risk classification scheme
Kommisjonsforordning under forberedelse lagt ut på høring av Kommisjonen 15.7.2020
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) The Commission, in close cooperation with the Member States and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (‘Agency’) through the network of aviation safety analysts, developed a methodology for the classification of occurrences in terms of safety risk, by taking into account the need for compatibility with existing risk classification schemes. The common European risk classification scheme (‘ERCS’) was developed by 15 May 2017 in accordance with the target date set out in Article 7(5) of Regulation (EU) No 376/2014. The ERCS should be now set out in this Regulation.
(2) It should support the competent authorities of the Member States and the Agency in their assessment of occurrences, its key purpose should be the identification and classification in a harmonised manner of the level of risk posed by each occurrence to aviation safety. Its purpose should not be the identification of the outcome of the occurrence.
(3) The ERCS should also allow for the identification of rapid actions needed in reply to high-risk safety occurrences. It should also enable the identification of key risk areas from aggregated information and the identification and comparison of their risk levels.
(4) The ERCS should facilitate an integrated and harmonised approach to risk management across the European aviation system and therefore enable the competent authorities of Member States and the Agency to focus on safety improvement efforts in a harmonised manner as part of the European Plan for Aviation Safety referred to in Article 6 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
(5) Commission Regulation (EU) No 2019/317 laying down a performance and charging scheme in the single European sky establishes the rate of runway incursions and separation minima infringement at Union level with a safety impact as the indicators to be monitored on an annual basis during the third reference period (RP3) that covers the calendar years 2020 to 2024 inclusive. This Regulation should be applied as of 1 January 2021 to align the use of the ERCS with the start of the RP3 second annual monitoring period and ensure the harmonised assessment of occurrences