(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om tekniske spesifikasjoner for fartøysporingssystemer og om oppheving av forordning (EF) nr. 415/2007
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation on technical specifications for vessel tracking and tracing systems and repealing Regulation (EC) No 415/2007
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 24.11.2018
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Technical specifications for vessel tracking and tracing systems, provided for by Commission Regulation (EU) No 415/2007 , should be updated and clarified, taking into account experience gained from their application, as well as the technological progress and the updates of underlying international standards.
(2) The technical specifications for vessel tracking and tracing systems should be based on the technical principles set out in Annex II to Directive 2005/44/EC.
(3) In accordance with Article 1(2) of Directive 2005/44/EC, the technical specifications are to take due account of the work carried out by international organisations. Continuity is to be ensured with other modal traffic management services, in particular maritime vessel traffic management and information services.
(4) In order to improve efficiency of transport by inland waterways, the technical specifications should be extended to include provisions related to Application Specific Messages for vessel tracking and tracing systems.
(5) In order to improve safety of navigation, the technical specifications for vessel tracking and tracing systems should be extended to include provisions related to Aids to Navigation in inland navigation.
(6) This Regulation should be without prejudice to the provisions of Directive 2016/1148 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the measures for a high common level of security of network and information systems across the Union.
(7) Pursuant to Article 12(2) of Directive 2005/44/EC technical specifications should enter into force immediately after their publication and Member States should be required to apply those specifications not later than 12 months after their entry into force.
(8) Regulation (EU) No 415/2007 should therefore be repealed.
(9) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Committee referred to in Article 11 of Directive 2005/44/EC,